Skip to content Skip to footer


2021 Board of Directors

Executive Board

    • President, Brett Baird
    • Vice President, Cathy Lemay
    • Treasurer, Liz Moakley
    • Secretary, Rob Bowerman
    • Director-at-Large, Brian Buczkowski
    • Director-at-Large, Todd Sadler
    • Director-at-Large, Matthew Gould
    • Past President, Victoria Santos

Committee Chairs

    • Box Office Coordinator, Carol Marasa
    • Concessions, Tomas McCahill
    • Costume Coordinator, Liz Moakley
    • Grants, Ashley Bolbrock
    • Historian, Peter D. Cook
    • House Manager, Matthew Gould
    • Membership Coordinator, Jodi Edwards
    • Play Reading, Dan McSweeny
    • Production Staff Administrator, Brian Buczkowski
    • Programs & Social, Davien Gould
    • Public Relations, Joan McKenzie-Baird
    • Rules, Cathy Lemay
    • Scholarship, Tom Stackhouse
    • Sunshine, Joan McKenzie-Baird
    • Technical Director, Todd Sadler

Our Story

On November 6th, 1957, the first meeting of people interested in a dramatic theater group in Falmouth was held at the Falmouth Recreation Building. Miss Betsy Rogers, who presided, spoke to the group about the value of community theater. A slate of temporary officers was elected: President, Betsy Rogers; Vice-president, Ginger Helm; Secretary, Katherine Height; Treasurer, Albert Lawrence; Membership Chairman, Joseph Hicks; and Play-reading, Mary Bray.

The Broadway hit comedy “Goodbye, My Fancy” was the premier production of the Falmouth Theatre Guild. The play was presented February 28th and March 1st, 1958 at the Lawrence School Memorial Auditorium, directed by Richard Ladenburg.

On March 19th, 1958, the by-laws committee of the Guild were written and accepted. Falmouth Theatre Guild continued to produce shows in venues around Falmouth such as “There’s Always a Murder,” “Janus,” “Why the Chimes Ring,” and “Light Up the Sky.”

The key to Highfield Theater was given to then President Kitty Baker in September of 1960, and the Guild has been in residence ever since. “Stalag 17,” directed by William D. Steele in December 1960 was FTG’s first production at Highfield. The cast for this show happened to be all-male, and William Steel followed on after directing “Dial M for Murder” in March 1961 with the all-female cast comedy hit “The Women” in May 1961.

Falmouth Theatre Guild’s activities have made Highfield Theater a year-round center for the performing art in Falmouth. In addition to Falmouth Theatre Guild’s performances from September to May, The College Light Opera Company takes up residence in the theater from Memorial Day to Labor day, offering weekly operettas and musicals staged and performed by visiting college students from around the country.

The Falmouth Theatre Guild Board of Directors meets the second Tuesday of every month.

All regular meetings are open to members of FTG.